How long does it take some UFOs to finally get off the shelf and out in the street?
Well, this one took just 3 1/2 years!
I started this jacket in Sherry’s RTW Tailoring sewalong back in April 2011. That’s right! I got everything sewed up except the buttons, front buttonholes and the hem (and blogged it here); I just didn’t know how to handle the hem.
Then last month I decided to just do the bagged hem anyway (using Sherry’s sewalong posts), but stop at the slits and do them by hand. It actually worked out. The slits are not the neatest on the inside, but nobody will notice. And it’s good enough to wear, which is all I care about!
These buttons seem fairly delicate for the denim, but I like the look (despite them being slightly difficult to handle.) The front buttonholes are also corded to counteract the stretch denim.
I’m so happy to have this jacket finished!!
Coming soon, more on this year’s finished sewing projects.